Take a look at our current job postings and active searches.We add new postings and searches on a regular basis so we suggest you check this page on a regular basis. If you are a job seeker and do not see a posting or search that fits your background and experience, feel free to give us a call to discuss what you are looking for.
Innovation Lead, Senior Manager
|Company Name||Global Consulting Firm|
|Location||New York City, Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||July 26, 2017|
Our client, a well respected global technology and management consulting firm, is seeking an Innovation lead at the Senior Manager level.
A Senior Manager of Innovation leads development of a portfolio of new digital products and specific programs around it, which focus on service delivery transformation and new market offering development. Products or programs can run across or be focused on or within any one of four specific functional areas; Advisory, Audit, Tax, or Consulting Services, or may also be focused on channels or services that cross our businesses.
Solution development can span opportunity identification, ideation, design functional product architecture, product development, and deployment of new ways of delivering services. Emphasis is on creating new solutions that connect the firm’s capabilities with internal and external technology offerings. The solutions will be based on cutting edge automation, machine intelligence and cognitive technologies.
The role requires flexibility depending on the needs of the portfolio. The Senior Manager may play a hands on role on some use cases while acting as an advisor on others.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager will provide day-to-day leadership and program management that will include design, development, deployment, stakeholder management, technology vendor management and delivery. They will also be involved in evaluating new technologies in the areas of process automation and machine intelligence.
- Manage large, complex new digital product development projects and programs with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate and build relationships with business leaders and product owners in the business
- Assume ‘activist board member’ roles on projects, ensuring progress is made in solution development and providing oversight over the use of firm investment funds
- Lead functional architecture design and envision the product
- Lead user interface and user experience design in collaboration with professional experts
- Liaison with solution architect and technology development team (internal or external vendor) to ensure product delivery
- Provide deep thinking on efficient product design, design trade-offs, and commercial feasibility
- Evaluate and advise on new technologies, vendors and products
- Manage teams of 5-10 professionals and foster a positive work environment
- Take responsibility for developing the careers of junior team members
- Work with key stakeholder groups to build cross-functional relationships
- Develop high degree of trust with key internal client base
Qualifications and Skills
- Senior professional with minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- MBA/MS or other relevant advanced degree(s) from Top tier program
- Prior experience with top digital product development companies in leading/managing digital enterprise product design, development and deployment (use cases and portfolio)
- Prior experience with top strategy or IT consulting firm. Ability to manage clients, manage complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations
- Prior experience in the venture capital environment, particularly around the identification, review and management of nascent technology projects would be a plus
- A critical and creative thinker but also execute on the details; outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills
- A broad understanding of technology, with specific knowledge of or interest in how technology can be used to transform the way professional and other business services are delivered (experience in cognitive and artificial intelligence and its application to process automation, semantic analytics, data visualization is a plus)
- Track record of leading and advising senior leaders on transformation programs
- Ability to seamlessly interact with firm leaders and their project teams
- Superior project management and time management skills. Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills. Able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information