Take a look at our current job postings and active searches.We add new postings and searches on a regular basis so we suggest you check this page on a regular basis. If you are a job seeker and do not see a posting or search that fits your background and experience, feel free to give us a call to discuss what you are looking for.
Technology Strategy Consultant
|Company Name||Global Consulting Firm|
|Location||Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New York, San Francisco, Washington DC , United States|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2018|
Our client is a premiere consulting organization offering business technology advisory and transformation services with a clear focus on business value and application of a strategic lens to IT. They work with CIOs and CTOs, as well as their business-side counterparts, to bring a competitive advantage through data, technology and digital solutions to solve their business needs. They provide expertise across all industries in areas like Big Data, digital business models, IT strategy, and IT efficiency/effectiveness.
Our client is currently looking for individuals at the Consultant through Senior Manager levels who have significant experience and depth in Information Technology. This experience could come from IT consulting but they are open to a broad range of technology backgrounds - individuals who aspire to learn how to solve strategic business problems through technology. They are also looking for demonstrated leadership in client relations, practice development, people and knowledge development.
Roles & Responsibilities
Individual assignments can last anywhere from two to twelve months or more, depending on the complexity of the challenges and the client's needs. Assignments normally proceed through three stages over a period of several months: 1) identifying and analyzing opportunities for change and laying out different options for senior management to consider, 2) fleshing out the best options in order to create detailed action plans, and 3) assisting in execution.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A minimum of 4-5 years of work experience within technology; 2+ years in business technology preferred
- Proven depth of technology skills
- Experience at a large global IT system integrator, a software vendor professional services organization, or a technology start-up.
- Desire to continue to broaden technology skills while deepening strategy and client-facing skills
- Ability to travel extensively (domestic and internationally)
- MS, MBA or PhD from a reputable institution
Professional Skills and Personal Attributes
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly professional and rigorous
- Able to think strategically/end-to-end
- Good business sense
- Results-oriented, driven, hard-working
- Team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
- Loyal and reliable
- Highest ethical standards
- Flexible and creative: ability to propose innovative ideas, build empathy within the firm and win the trust of the clients
- Good interpersonal skills but also judgment independency and autonomy
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive