Global Consulting Firm
Sep 14, 2019
Major US Cities, United States
Lead Designer Profile:
- Flexible and user-focused. They have the ability to design in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity, all while employing appropriate human-centered design methods.
- Visual exceptional. They are highly skilled in creating and critiquing, because they believe that emotion and presentation matter equally as much as usability.
- Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity—and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
- Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will challenge and support one another.
- Communicators. They have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, and the ability to provide the rationale behind their design decisions to colleagues and clients.
- Empathetic. They desire to truly understand humans and their behavior—and turn complex tasks into intuitive, easy-to-use solutions.
- Architectural thinkers. They are not only able to understand and visualize complex systems, but work with engineers and systems architects to design solutions that will last.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
- Leaders. They lead mid-sized to large projects, manage client relationships, writing and publishing thought leadership documents.
- Working with diverse sets of clients across domains and industries
- Leading the design and prototyping of digital products—websites, apps, and beyond—at all levels of fidelity
- Collaborating with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers to create world-class work
- Conducting user research, communicate findings, translate insights into great new experiences
- Envisioning new, novel experiences beyond what is expected—pushing the envelope beyond screens towards the edge of interaction and technology
- Broadening your skill set beyond your core abilities—which might include project management, client relationship management, and/or technological skill development
- Mentoring and leading members of the team in human-centered design and the field of UI design to develop talent, provide direction, and oversee output and projects
- Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects, and convincing clients of the value of Human-Centered Design
- Leading large complex projects as a project manager
- 8+ years in an UI design role or relevant professional experience
- A degree in design, interaction design, design planning, human-computer interaction or other relevant field, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing consulting role
- An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
- Expert knowledge with at least 3 of the following tools or technologies:
- Principle, Framer, or other similar prototyping tools
- HTML & CSS
- Additional consideration for candidates with the following skills:
- Project management
- Print design
- Branding & identity
- Previous mentorship/management experience
- Willingness to travel around the globe to work with clients
Search our Jobs
Recently Added Jobs.
IT Project Manager Global Asset Management Firm Irvine, CA, United States. Direct Hire
Senior Project Analyst Global Asset Management Firm Los Angeles or Irvine, CA, United States. Direct Hire