Our client is a premiere consulting organization offering business and technology advisory services. It is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Its teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. This opportunity is with the Business Transformation - Banking practice. Its objective is to support financial services to continually innovate, transform to retain relevance, and deliver on growth. You can expect to work with client resources to analyze, evaluate, and enhance transformational programs within five key initiatives: 1) cash management, transaction banking, treasury and payments modernization, 2) client and front-office growth strategies to drive a more digital, responsive and efficient customer experience, 3) technology modernization of legacy platforms to raise efficiencies and build out digital capabilities, 4) commercial lending technology enablement across the middle and back-office functions and 5) trade transformation.
You will manage and lead client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment and provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. You will be at the center of the engagement driving work while maintaining close ties with the client. This requires developing an in-depth understanding of our clients’ unique needs and goals to effectively lead a workstream while delivering meaningful improvement insights. A manager will drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget.
You will be an active member in providing counseling and mentoring to junior consultants within the organization. A Manager is also responsible for contributing to practice collateral and driving growth in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Bachelor's degree plus approximately 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree plus approximately 4+ years of related work experience, specifically within Banking, Credit, Treasury Management, Transaction Banking and/or Client Front Office
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a workstream through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience creating detailed project plans, managing tasks and deliverables against the plan, reviewing outputs, and providing feedback to team members
- Knowledge of KYC, AML, and other applicable compliance regulations
- Channel (branch, online, mobile, contact center, relationship manager) transformation experience
- Consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or large global financial institution
- Experience with operating model design to define target state business, operations, technology, and control partner functions
- Lending/Credit experience across the credit lifecycle (e.g. sales/origination, underwriting, fulfillment, servicing, loan accounting, monitoring, and default)
- Experience in core platform transformation to support the changing business and regulatory landscape, enabling the realization of strategic business priorities including improved client experience, market expansion and easier partner/correspondent banking integration
- Experience in design, testing, and implementation of technology-enabled solutions
- Experience in vendor assessment, selection, and transformation
- Experience in capability maturity model planning, roadmap development and investment prioritization for large-scale, strategic, and transformative initiatives
- Knowledge of workforce readiness, mobilization, and sales force effectiveness
- Ability to travel – you will likely spend a significant amount of time onsite with our clients. This travel can be as much as 80% to 100% of a work week and may be international.