The Data Scientist assesses applicability of different AI/ML methods for different use cases, builds advanced analytics solutions in a production environment, draws insights from large or complex data sets to solve business problems addressed by use cases, and helps drive advanced analytics thinking and methodologies by investigating various topics and sharing insights with broader Data & Analytics team as well as business stakeholders.
- Gather business requirements and translate them into information solutions
- Identify required data structures and apply strong expertise in advanced analytics techniques (e.g. AI and machine-learning) to design, prototype, and build solutions to business problems
- Collaborate with Data Engineer(s) to support data modeling and testing during projects, and incorporating advanced analytics into ongoing business processes
- Ensure analytics tools and methods used in projects are robust and of the highest quality
- Help manage use case development and ensure frequent communication with other stakeholders to drive use case development and manage expectations on model limitations and lead times
- Collaborate with business units to provide technical guidance related to AI/ML based models
- Develop internal analytics capabilities and best practices (models, standards, tools), and share learnings with peers
- Contribute to build advanced analytics capabilities, attending conferences, allocating time to investigate new topics, etc.
- Provide key input during use case definition phase to ensure feasibility and value potential
- Perform advanced analytics work during all phases of use case development
- At least 1 year of experience in a statistical and/or data science role (3+ years preferred)
- Bachelor’s in Data Science, Statistics, CS, or related field; Master’s preferred
- Expertise in advanced analytical techniques (e.g. descriptive statistics, machine learning, optimization, pattern recognition, cluster analysis, segmentation analysis, etc.)
- Experience using analytical tools and languages, (e.g., Python, R, etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI)
- Knowledge of the industry and ability to translate business needs into advanced analytics solutions
- Experience implementing data science products in a business setting
This position currently has no direct supervisory responsibilities
This position does not require travel; however, if there is any travel, travel would be primarily local during the business day.