Our client, a well respected global technology consulting firm, is bringing design to the front line of business challenges, creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. They are seeking a Senior Strategic Designer who is passionate about advocating for user needs. In this role, you will explore new domains and industries, make discoveries based on research data, and work with a talented team of people to create solutions inspired by those insights. You will apply a human-centered approach in order to create innovative and exciting end-to-end experiences at the intersection of people and technology.
Members of this team are:
- Human-Centered. They start with people and thoughtfully consider the usefulness and usability of everything they create.
- Expert Researchers. They play an active role in design and research. They are responsible for crafting research plans, performing fieldwork like interviewing and contextual inquiries, and synthesizing that research to make recommendations.
- Designers. They create wireframes, storyboards, and data visualizations to communicate a desired future state.
- Leaders. They lead small to medium sized projects, manage client relationships, and participate in writing and publishing thought leadership documents.
- Discovery-driven. They find patterns, deconstruct large challenges, and communicate persuasively.
- Collaborative. They are supportive team members who give great feedback. They embrace working in interdisciplinary teams and believe different perspectives and backgrounds drive the most innovative solutions.
- 2+ years in a Human Sciences role, or relevant professional experience.
- BS/BA or MS in human-computer interaction, interaction design, design planning, strategy or other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of research methods and frameworks, user interface standards, tools, and industry guidelines. The ability to reference best practices and design patterns, and can solve complex problems and novel interface challenges.
- Understanding of user experience design principles and best practices, with the propensity and judgment to question convention when appropriate.
- Visual communication skills, using sketching and other tools to articulate thoughts about complex problems, datasets, or experimentation.
- Experience in prototyping and testing, future visioning, and strategy development.
- Previous experience in a client-facing consulting role a plus.
- Proven success working in and promoting a collaborative and iterative development environment.
- You will need to provide a link to your portfolio that demonstrates your affinity for human-centered design and shows how you approach a design challenge.